Wool pavilion for Moree Showground
- December 20, 2022
- Posted by: Madrigal Admin
- Category: Tender News
Design development and construction of new wool pavilion for Moree Showground – RFT – 10054831
The NSW Public Works is requesting an RFT on behalf of Crown Lands—Department of Planning, Industry and Environment for design and construction of a new wool pavilion for Moree Showground. The concept for the building is a 1980s-inspired open-air structure with a gabled roofline. Its open-air design provides a space to host events like animal shows, markets and public gatherings.
The RFT is for a new wool pavilion for use by the Moree Showground Committee and greater Moree community. The focus is on the construction of a public amenity with structural stability providing the community with an enduring asset into the future along with safety for the users.
A NSW Government grant of $402,450 was announced in January 2021 for the multi-purpose pavilion.
The new pavilion replaces the former 130-year old animal and wool pavilion which was demolished in 2020 due to extensive termite damage. It will provide permanent office and storage space for the Moree Show Society and open-air area for livestock exhibiting.
The sheep shearing stage from the former pavilion will be retained and upgraded to form part of the new structure and create a link to the past.
Documentation and approvals of wool pavilion
The successful contractor will:
- Complete the initial design sufficient for granting of a construction certificate
- Obtain all necessary approvals, certifications, and inspections
- Provide commercial conditions of the contract documentation
- Compile perations and maintenance manuals including as-builts
- Obtian an occupation certificate from the approving authority
Preliminary work to include
- relocate services affected by the construction
- trim tree branches sufficient for the erection of the structure
- Clear site of the remnants of the previous structure
Construction of wool pavilion at Moree Showground
- Provide new foundation pad and footings
- Construct new building in accordance with the approved documentation
- Design, manufacture and finish openings for principal-supplied kitchen doors
- Supply and instal door supports, external and internal trims and external Colorbond wall sheeting to sheet the double doors
- Provide new concrete paths to comply with disability standards.
- Install reverse cycle split system air conditioner to administration office.
- Supply and install a new LED Flood light
- Supply and install sewerage treatment system (pump-out septic tank)
- Connect stormwater for surface discharge
- Paint mezzanine floor and polished concrete floors
- Relocate the distribution box
- Run underground electrical power supply to the building
- Supply and install electric hot water systems in the accessible toilet
- Supply and install a hot/cold water unit in the kitchen